Photosounder is a cutting edge spectral editing program, offering the best
Photosounder is available for Windows (2000, XP, Server 2003 and Vista), Mac OS X 10.4+ Universal (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, on both PowerPC and Intel machines). It can also run on Linux using the latest development release of Wine. A demo version is available, with the ability to save the resulting sound to file disabled, and a short silence inserted every 12 seconds.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of what has been found that can be done using Photosounder.
* Turning a sound upside down (bass sounds become treble and vice versa)
* Complex soundscapes using extreme time stretching
* Creating instruments graphically and arranging them into a beat
* Transmitting photographs through sound
* Performing operations between different sound files, such as subtracting an instrumental from a song to isolate vocals
* Isolating or removing an instrument from a complex sound
* New effects such as piano chorusification or time-pixelation of sound
* A new take on more classical sound effects such as sound reverb
* Highly quality and flexibility processing such as denoising
* Creating new sounds from photographs or fractal images
* Synthesizing spectrograms created from other spectrographs, such as printed spectrograms of bird calls in books
* Pitch shifting, pitch interval stretching, sound rotation, time-frequency domain compression