iTunes has a “Show Duplicates command, but it is of limited use. It offers no way to remove duplicates while keeping one version of a song. It cant identify which songs are duplicates as opposed to different recordings of the same song. iDupe deals with this in a smart way. Playlist entries which refer to exactly the same file and “dead tracks are treated as unambiguously undesirable. Other potential duplicates are ranked according to a number of criteria, which include whether a song is likely to be a loose single, what the best bit rate is, etc.
- Makes smart judgement calls about duplicates
- Lets you make final judgement calls before removing any music
- Easy to use out of the box
- More powerful special modes
- Restore dead tracks
- Fixed an issue with Deep Clean mode.
-Verified compatible with iTunes 10.0.1