A powerful interactive equation editor that lets you create mathematical notation for word processing (iWork ‘09, Microsoft Word), web pages, desktop publishing, presentations, and for TeX, LaTeX, and MathML documents.
- MathType Equation command on the Insert menu: When MathType is installed, a MathType Equation command appears in the Insert menus of all iWork applications. This command inserts a new equation at the insertion point.
- Double-click to edit: If you later want to edit an existing equation, simply double-click on it and it will open in a MathType equation window. Make changes then close the window to update the document.
- Cut, copy, paste, and drag-and-drop: You can also copy equations from a MathType window into a document or vice-versa, using either clipboard cut, copy, and paste or with drag-and-drop using the mouse.
- Many more features.
- Virtually all MathType features are enhanced in each major release. Here are some major new features in MathType 6.
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Support: MathType now supports Mac OS X versions 10.3.9 or newer, including version 10.5 also known as Leopard.
- Intel Mac Support: MathType is now a Universal application (also known as a Universal Binary) which means that it runs fast on both Intel and PowerPC Macs.
- Many more enhancements.